• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

35 books people should read at least once

I always count. :D
Twenty read! Better than 50% is not bad for me. Usually about 30% . Hooray!.

22 LOL ... clearly I read too much and the ones remaining on the list I'm not likely to read as they aren't my cup of tea.

I shove East of Eden into every face I see. I think I've done more promotion for John Steinbeck than his agent. It is, without a doubt in my mind, the greatest novel ever written. Ulysses isn't even on my top ten. Convoluted Irish yammering.

Interesting. East of Eden, huh? I shall take a note of this - I somehow have an unexplained prejudice against the book. I don't know why.

I shove East of Eden into every face I see. I think I've done more promotion for John Steinbeck than his agent. It is, without a doubt in my mind, the greatest novel ever written. Ulysses isn't even on my top ten. Convoluted Irish yammering.

Twenty-two for me. East of Eden is one I've not read.

Ulysses isn't on this list, is it? I like picking it up from time to time just to read excerpts out loud. It has one of the best openings: "Stately Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressing-gown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him by the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned: Introibo ad altare Dei."

Back