• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee: Rama Revealed

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Having read all four books in the Rama series, I can say in good conscience to only read Rendezvous with Rama and forget the following three were ever written. I didn't think it was possible but I felt that Rama Revealed was worse than Rama II.

Picking up right where Garden of Rama left off, the humans on Rama are at war with the other inhabitants of the ship. The Ramans are forced to intervene and once Rama reaches The Node, the humans have to answer for their transgressions and we get to find out more about the Ramans and what they are up to.
Turns out that "the Ramans" are Prime Monitors who were created by God (yes, God) the instant the universe was created. Their goal? To collect and observe the evolution of life in the galaxies on God's behalf and to find a set of initial conditions at the Big bang that will result in complete harmony of a universe. In my mind there's no bigger cop-out in a story than waving your hand and saying "oh, it was God".

I can't recommend this book to anyone except to someone I don't like.

:star1:

Back