• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Glad to be with fellow book lovers!

Juleeming

Hi!

First time poster here. I'm Julee from Naples, Florida. I'm a voracious reader, going through at least 3-4 books a week.

I mainly read fiction, and for the past year or so have been happily stuck in a "mystery/crime/thriller" genre rut for a long time. I tend to find a book recommended by a friend, and once I read it I go through the author's others books. Within the past year I've gone through all of the original Spenser books, all of Ed McBain's 87th district books, all of Michael Connolly's Bosch books and Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli series.

I'm also working my way through Alex Kava's Maggie O'Dell series, Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series, and trying very hard to get into Ian Rankin's Rebus series. Also working on getting through John Le Carre's Smiley series (stupidly read A Legacy of Spies before reading The Spy Who Came in from the Cold), Forsyth's Day of the Jackal, and Stella Rimington's Liz Carlyle series.

But just so you don't think I'm a one-genre pony, I'm also a huge fan of fellow Floridians Carl Hiassen and Tim Dorsey, whose new book, No Sunscreen for the Dead, I'm anxiously awaiting to arrive at my local library.

Happy to be here!

Julee

Last edited:
Hi!

First time poster here. I'm Julee from Naples, Florida. I'm a voracious reader, going through at least 3-4 books a week.

I mainly read fiction, and for the past year or so have been happily stuck in a "mystery/crime/thriller" genre rut for a long time. I tend to find a book recommended by a friend, and once I read it I go through the author's others books. Within the past year I've gone through all of the original Spenser books, all of Ed McBain's 87th district books, all of Michael Connolly's Bosch books and Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli series.

I'm also working my way through Alex Kava's Maggie O'Dell series, Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series, and trying very hard to get into Ian Rankin's Rebus series. Also working on getting through John Le Carre's Smiley series (stupidly read A Legacy of Spies before reading The Spy Who Came in from the Cold), Forsyth's Day of the Jackal, and Stella Rimington's Liz Carlyle series.

But just so you don't think I'm a one-genre pony, I'm also a huge fan of fellow Floridians Carl Hiassen and Tim Dorsey, whose new book, No Sunscreen for the Dead, I'm anxiously awaiting to arrive at my local library.

Happy to be here!

Julee

Hi Julee,
Wow! I would say you have that genre well-covered!

You mention Hiassen. About the time I read some of his works, I was also interested in two mystery/crime/thriller authors whom you haven't mentioned.
Both of them are McDonalds, with slightly different spellings. John D. McDonald writes about Travis McGee in Florida, and Ross MacDonald writes Lew Archer mysteries along the California Coast. And both have long multi-volume series which can take a while to read.
Just sayin'.
In case.
:)

Hi there, and welcome! Very much like your selections, good stuff.
Re Jo Nesbo, his The Son is excellent. It isn’t part of a series, but is up to his usual quality.

Also, Peter May’s Lewis Trilogy is a good series of mysteries as he creates a wonderful atmosphere, truly conjuring up the feeling of the island. Separate mysteries, same(ish) cast of characters. Lots of overlap.

You might like Ann Cleeves Vera series, or her Shetland series.

Lately I’ve read several of Arnaldur Indridason’s Icelandic series. Great, low key, interesting detective.

I tend to read in spurts nowadays. Either one a day or I will go several days without reading any books, and glom on streaming British tv mysteries. :). Or the news, which in its own way is rather a horror show. /sigh/

Hi!

Happy to be here!

Julee

Hello and welcome to where people enjoy books as much as you do. And if you like Rizzoli & Isles books then I suggest reading Crimson Gears when it comes out this July, personally i'm really exited.

Back