• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jim Butcher:Dead Beat

Lincoln Rhyme

Looks as if I'm blasting though these novels faster than any other series I've read.

This is the 7th book of The Dresden Files. Harry Dresden has to take on necromancers who can control zombies and get the Word Of Kemmeler for a killer vampire who is framing one of his friends. And he as to do this all before Halloween night,when all of it goes down. And the Necromancers are after The Word also. So double trouble!

My Opinion: This book is the best book I have ever read! Harry is extra funny in this one and the villains are all very cool and are almost as whimsical as Dresden. Loads of action and zombified gore. The suspense and badassness of the novel is also top-notch.

My rating: :star5:

One of my favorites in this series. Some of the plot twists took me by surprise (in a good way).
Have you read the next installment?

I have just got done with Grave Peril myself. I skipped Fool Moon because it sounded very stupid,and just full of action. Grave Peril is my favorite out the series right now,and I think Summer Knight will be even better.

You're not missing much with Fool Moon. I only remember it marked the debut of the werewolf pack. Don't skip any other installments as the character and plot developments start to become richer.

One of my favorites in this series. Some of the plot twists took me by surprise (in a good way).
Have you read the next installment?
I have Proven Guilty sitting on my shelf right now( a long with the rest of the series except Changes). The ending to Dead Beat was awesome! Especially what Dresden used to get to the final battlefield and get through the zombie army. Now that screamed badassness.

Back