• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommendations given and needed.

Jordan-org

Curretly I have been reading alot of romance lately real novels not the dime a dozen one u find in bins at used book stores. I am also not talking about smutt here, dont get me wrong some of the books do have "sex scene's" in them but its the romance and passion parts that i like about them. I also like the Overcoming of challenges and problems mostly mental and social, triumphing over the problems and well you know the rest. So basicaly i like romance and what i am going to do post some of the ones i read and what i liked about them, feel free to post your own i am looking for more to read :). No one else i know reads this type of book the few people i do know that are "Readers" all like other styles while i realy like it all but i have been fouced on romance as of late. I guess i am just a big sap :p. So post any books you recommend i should or anyone else read good or bad. I will start by posting books in Paranormal Romance as that how i got started in romance. I found one missed shelfed in fantasy section and read it liked it which lead me to the romance section. Eventally ill post more romance novels i have read out side of the paranormal but as thous where the first i thought i should post about them first.

p.s Please post recommendations, i have read alot of classical and paranormal but really looking for modren romance teen or adult.

Most of my suggestions would fall into the historical romance genre.
However, I can suggest Tears of the Moon, Jewels of the Sun and Heart of the Sea a.k.a. The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy by Nora Roberts. They have a bit of fantasy in them as well as modern romance. It's been a few years since I read them, but can recall being hooked after reading the first and having to get the other two.

@Jordan-org
First thought were the perfect-trilogy by Julie Ortolon. It's quite romantically. Modern romance located in different parts of the USA.

Second thought were any book of Rachel Gibson. My favourite was "Sex, Lies, and Online Dating". It's a mixture of crime and romance. Also it's a sequel of four.

Maybe you like that kind of romance?

I recommend all books by Nicholas Sparks (the author of The Notebook & A Walk to Remember). The characters question their love and all these questions/doubts about their relationships go through their minds. His books are modern, too. I usually end up in tears for most of his books because they're so touching (I'm a sap and hopeless romantic as well, sniff sniff). :D Check him out.

I recently read a book by Melissa Hill - the Last To know. :star5:
I am trying to get my hands on her new one which I read about on Amazon which is set in San Francisco call Please forgive Me. Her books are well worth a look soooo different from most stuff I've read lately as all the plots have twists and turns that keep you hooked till the last page.

You might want to try reading something from a new author just so you're not completely staying mainstream. I just read Keeping Grace Alive by Annie Lee. It's her debut and definitely worth the read. She must write fast because the backmatter of the book says that she has a second novel coming out in "early summer" (which would be now, right?)

Hi, I'm looking for a modern romance novel and find myself at a bit of a loss. Booksellers are packed with titles but that's not much help. Have you heard of a good new author or an interesting novel?
I'm looking for M/F, adventure, love, suspense, and great characters. Believe it or not, it's not that easy to find. Thanks for your answers.

Gena Showalter, Sherrilyn Kennyon are great authors and write in paranormal romance. Christine Feehan does too but also writes normal romance books.

Curretly I have been reading alot of romance lately real novels not the dime a dozen one u find in bins at used book stores. I am also not talking about smutt here, dont get me wrong some of the books do have "sex scene's" in them but its the romance and passion parts that i like about them. I also like the Overcoming of challenges and problems mostly mental and social, triumphing over the problems and well you know the rest. So basicaly i like romance and what i am going to do post some of the ones i read and what i liked about them, feel free to post your own i am looking for more to read :). No one else i know reads this type of book the few people i do know that are "Readers" all like other styles while i realy like it all but i have been fouced on romance as of late. I guess i am just a big sap :p. So post any books you recommend i should or anyone else read good or bad. I will start by posting books in Paranormal Romance as that how i got started in romance. I found one missed shelfed in fantasy section and read it liked it which lead me to the romance section. Eventally ill post more romance novels i have read out side of the paranormal but as thous where the first i thought i should post about them first.

p.s Please post recommendations, i have read alot of classical and paranormal but really looking for modren romance teen or ad"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han is a delightful modern teen romance that follows Lara Jean Covey as her secret love letters are accidentally sent out, leading to unexpected romantic entanglements. You can also try, "The Hating Game" by Sally Thorne offers a witty office romance between colleagues Lucy and Joshua, filled with humor, banter, and undeniable chemistry, making it a captivating and enjoyable read.
For recommendations you should visit https://shabd.in/ But "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han is a delightful modern teen romance that follows Lara Jean Covey as her secret love letters are accidentally sent out, leading to unexpected romantic entanglements. For adult readers, "The Hating Game" by Sally Thorne offers a witty office romance between colleagues Lucy and Joshua, filled with humor, banter, and undeniable chemistry, making it a captivating and enjoyable read.

p.s Please post recommendations, i have read alot of classical and paranormal but really looking for modren romance teen or adult.
You could try this book named Ethereal Adoration, by Hadi Badri, I believe it's his debut novel or something, got to read mine a couple of weeks ago through Kindle unlimited, trust me it's an experience, it's romantic, trying to create the greatest love story of modern era yet filled with so much pain and self growth, it's just a prologue to his series I believe, but it's good, clearly an 8/10. Give it a try, it's great.

Back