• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A book about a Witch and her animals?

fid

Hi... I really hope that someone can hellp me on this... it's driving me mad!

When I was about 13 I read a book in which a Witch had the ability to call fantasical beasts to her. She had an Eagle called Tor and a Lion whose name I do not remember and was on a search for a particular animal who was eluding her. She may've been called Circe or at very least had some similarities to the mythic character Circe. She lived on an island and very few men were brave enough to visit her as I recall.

I got this book out from a library and can not remember any more detail than this - it was a fantastic book and I would love to be able to find it again. It is one of those stories that play over and over in your head. I think it was young adult fantasy fiction, but I could be wrong. I think I remember that the cover had a picture of a blonde woman coming out of some woods with animals behind her..

Does anyone have any idea what I could be talking about? I've googled everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance.

Back