• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A book about the Underground?

hanspam

If anyone knows the title of this book I'll be eternally grateful!

There was a book recommended in a magazine a few months ago that told the story of all people in a particular Tube train at the same time. I'm pretty sure the book's title was made up of three numbers but I'm not 100% positive. I kept the magazine with the article in meaning to look for the book, but then threw it out while cleaning the other week and now can't remember the title for the life of me!

hanspam

You beat me to it, Novella! 253 is by Geoff Ryman, and the synopsis on Amazon says:

A Bakerloo tube train with no-one standing and no empty seats can carry 252 passengers. The driver makes 253. Each one has a page devoted to them, divided into three sections - what they look like, what they are thinking and inside information - and some of them are going to die.

I didn't realise it was an online interactive novel, though.

Thank you both! I had a feeling the author's first name was Geoff, but strangely enough putting just Geoff into a book search engine wasn't bringing up the book I wanted :rolleyes:

Off to order it now before I forget it again!

Back