• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Clash of Kings (spoilers inside)

Rasudin

I just finished reading "A Clash of Kings" by George R.R Martin and I have a question. So are the two young Stark boys dead or not? The final chapter had them hiding inside Ned Stark's grave all this time, but if they are not dead then who did they kill?The Grayjoy fella knew them since he was 10, he couldn't have confused them with someone else.

Are you really sure you just want to be told? Wouldn't you rather read the next book and find out on your own? They're fantastic books and you must surely want to read the next one anyway?

You don't need to read the next book surely... I thought it was quite clear, it showed the two boys alive at the end and there's a chapter from Theon's point of view that describes what really happened. Where do problems arise?

Originally posted by Oponn
You don't need to read the next book surely... I thought it was quite clear, it showed the two boys alive at the end and there's a chapter from Theon's point of view that describes what really happened. Where do problems arise?

It arises when they have two heads on pikes, which look enough like the Stark boys that it fools everybody who knew them. Where did the two boys who look exactly like the Starks and yet are not the Starks come from? Theon's point of view describes nothing, because he himself thought he killed the boys until the very end.

I will wait for the next book, I thought the previous two were very good.

Are you sure Theon thought it was the Starks? Look at what he actually says about it.

M&O is correct- the answer is told in "A Clash of Kings". I just finished reading all 3 since I thought the next book was coming out in April. Check the last paragraph of the 2nd to last Theon chapter (page 610 in the paperback).

Back