• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A cliched genre? Discuss

Wow... I'd be the complete opposite. For the reason you mentioned, I'd be mighty pissed if the epilogue wasn't written. :)

I'm the kinda guy who appreciates it when the author actually reveals things. I don't sleep well after reading a book and find that I get to decide the ending! :) :) So if I hadn't know who actually died in the end, I'd probably start stalking GGKay until he tells me how it ends!!! :D

ds

Robert Heinlein used to call SF Speculative Fiction. Wish that title would have stuck.

I think the most salient point made so far is someone's diatribe against the formula book. Two examples: Goodkind isn't my favorite author, but at least he did something interesting with the whole "Magical Sword" thing--which has been worn out a long time. Jordan is beyond me--it doesn't seem like those books ought to be that long. And so on, but most of their main ideas aren't new. With this formula book thing we may not see many new books.

On the other hand I think they may have slipped a few new ones in on us while everyone was obsessing about collecting every edition and version of Lord of the Rings.

Back