• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A forgotten young adult title

ldc242s

When I was in fifth grade, my teacher, Mrs. E. read us books and I still remember one of the ones that she read. The story was about an young person who goes over a wall and there is a city there. All of the people in the city had little windows over their eyes.

I also remember that the main character was "window shopping" and saw something in the window that he wanted. He then saw in the reflection of the window a machine was coming down. He avoided it. He asked someone later what it was and they said that if you wanted something, it put a mark on your neck.

The main character's friend wanted to leave the city, but to do that, the friend had to forget what he wanted so the marks would disappear. He also had to get rid of the windows over his eyes.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I told another member:

I don't know the name of the book... but not too long ago, I couldn't remember the name of a book that I had read in elementary school about 10 years ago, I looked up the school online, found the librarian's e-mail address and e-mailed her what I remembered. Not long after, she e-mailed me with the title! It was great. Perhaps you could try that.

And perhaps you can try e-mailing the teacher or someone else from the school if Mrs. E no longer works there. ;)

Back