• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Hollow Fight

Reader26

A Hollow Fight is the story of a troubled fat boy named Mike Crow who decides that being homeless is more satisfying than living a typical teenage life. Happily, he takes off from San Diego California and travels aimlessly down Pacific Coast Highway. He fights off weather changes, battles hunger, and searches for nightly shelter.

Months after embarking on an uncertain journey, the adventurer ends up in the Oregon wilderness. Mike climbs hills, talks to animals, builds fire pits, and meanders through monstrous trees as he lives as one with nature. Survival becomes what he believes will be the fight of his life after he runs out of canned goods to eat and can’t locate clean water. As he is dying, Mike spots a cargo train and is forced to stab himself for adrenaline.

In Seattle, Mike the bum rescues a girl being attacked; however, he is put in a sticky situation and goes to jail. At trial, he is found innocent and is approached by an older jury member named Ethan Chan, whom happens to be a boxing trainer. As Mike trains for his amateur boxing fight, he learns a thing or two about love when he bonds with the old wisdom of Ethan.

Available formats include iBooks, Nooks, Kindles, and paperback!

Visit http://ahollowfight.com/

All paperback copies will be autographed.

A portion of each sale goes to The O.C. Rescue Mission!

Attachments

• upload_2014-6-2_18-0-9.png
    upload_2014-6-2_18-0-9.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 1
  • A Hollow Fight Book Baby.jpg
    A Hollow Fight Book Baby.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
Months after embarking on an uncertain journey, the adventurer ends up in the Oregon wilderness. Mike climbs hills, talks to animals, builds fire pits, and meanders through monstrous trees as he lives as one with nature. Survival becomes what he believes will be the fight of his life after he runs out of canned goods to eat and can’t locate clean water. As he is dying, Mike spots a cargo train and is forced to stab himself for adrenaline.

Why is this teenager that climbs hills, talks to animals, builds fire pits and lives as one with nature, dying because he's running out of canned goods? It seems to be a bit of a gap in his whole one with nature C.V. This also begs the question how many cans did he take with him, has he been pushing a shopping trolley through the monstrous trees or driving a truck?

Why is this teenager that climbs hills, talks to animals, builds fire pits and lives as one with nature, dying because he's running out of canned goods? It seems to be a bit of a gap in his whole one with nature C.V. This also begs the question how many cans did he take with him, has he been pushing a shopping trolley through the monstrous trees or driving a truck?

Hello Bob,
prior to embarking into nature Mike loads up a backpack full of canned goods and plans to eat sporadically. At times, he picks and chooses whether to hunt animals or to eat from his canned good supply. While traveling in the wilderness he comes across an orange hunting jacket. Next to it, etched into a fallen tree, is a message that basically says "You gotta be crazy to be out here. I got bit by a snake. Not going to make it out alive. Take the rest of my supplies." The deceased adventurer leaves behind expired canned goods. Although terribly nasty, its still food which ultimately provides energy for Mr. Crow to keep moving.

Good question and I hope you enjoy the read :)

On the basis of that answer I'll accept there's probably more to Mike's survival situation than is suggested by your sypnosis.

There is, but I didn't want to give every detail away on how he survives the wilderness in the synopsis. Believe me, it is logically planned out. If you wish to order a paperback copy, please visit ahollowfight.com. I can sign it and have it in the mail first thing in the morning :) The reviews on amazon have been good, the reviews from strangers that have contacted me have been good, and the reviews from friends and family have been good.

Best Wishes!

Back