• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A New Dawn Rising

michaeljoseph

I am promoting my new crime thriller, A New Dawn Rising, by Michael Joseph.

Chapter 1

He was having trouble keeping his target in sight. Although she was never more than a few yards ahead of him, the sheer number of weekend shoppers meant he regularly lost sight of her. Each time it happened, a feeling of desperation engulfed him. Then he would catch a glimpse of her brightly coloured coat once more, and emit a small sigh of relief. He had been following her for a few minutes now. It was time to make his move.

With a well-practised deftness of foot, he sidestepped a dawdling couple and accelerated his walking pace. Careful not to attract attention to himself, he snaked his way through gaps in the crowd until he was right up behind her. She was oblivious to his presence, gazing nonchalantly into passing shop windows as she strolled along. He was so close to her now he could almost whisper in her ear.

Suddenly, she slowed down, forcing him to do the same. He craned his neck to look past her. They were coming level with the entrance of a large department store. Was she going inside? He realised not. Like everyone else around them, she had simply been forced to a snail's pace due to the swell of people hanging around outside the store. As the crowd began to bunch up, he realised this was his opportunity. A large throng of tightly-packed, slow-moving shoppers, each preoccupied with making their way to their next destination, or deep in conversation with their companions.

All in their own little worlds.
An ideal time to strike.
He slid out an arm towards her.

***​
Further sample chapters can be read at Smashwords. The e-book is for sale at Smashwords, Amazon and Kobo. (Apologies to any interested viewers, lack of minimum requirements (?) means site is not allowing me to provide the links).​
Michael Joseph​

Back