• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A question for the Ladies

RaVeN

Most of my adult life I have had what I guess is considered long hair. I have always kept it neat & clean and even have it trimed every 4-5 weeks. I know that it's outdated and not "in" but that doesn't bother me. It's just who I am.

There have been a few times in my adulthood when it was shorter and many of the women I met said they like long hair on men. (my timing always stunk) And when it's longer, I've heard from many women that they like it short. Again, that doesn't bother me (much) and I don't plan on wearing it short any time soon.

Now think back on all of the movies that you've seen where the men have had long hair. Interview with the Vampire, LOTR, etc. Many women went nuts over the guys in them but real life may be a different story.

I guess my question is, would you keep your old man if he had hair that reached half way down his back or do you look down on it? Either way mine is staying the same :D and my fiance likes it but I'm just wondering what women really think on the subject. You can be brutal as long as you're honest. :)

THANKS!

RaVeN

I think that when you reach the age that you look like a member of Status Quo then it's time to cut your hair.

Well, thats a good question sir. I rather like the messy look, kinda...shaggy on a guy. (something to grasp in one's fingers at the appropriate times ;))

I cant say that I would leave my man if his hair was longer than mine. But Id prefer it not to be :p

Most of my adult life I have had what I guess is considered long hair. I have always kept it neat & clean and even have it trimed every 4-5 weeks. I know that it's outdated and not "in" but that doesn't bother me. It's just who I am.

I like floppy hair like this type of style... (Ps: i don't know who this dude is!)

Lincoln_Trudeau-other_headshot-black_tshirt_floppy_hair_web_copy.jpg

Litany said:
I think that when you reach the age that you look like a member of Status Quo then it's time to cut your hair.

LOL, true!

RaVeN said:
You can be brutal as long as you're honest. :)

Oh God. I’ve already been brutal once today. I’ll be delving for the wire coathanger next. :eek:

Your timing is good for me ;) I’ve just spent a weekend surrounded by loads of little ice hockey boys from Britain, Sweden and Norway. Off-ice, fashions in clothing were similar, but you could easily identify the Brits from the ‘furriners’ just by hairstyles. Almost all the Swedes and Norwegians had longish, floppy-ish, soft-looking hair (much longer than the guy in RG’s picture). Almost all the British boys had short-cropped, or spiky, gelled hair.

IMO the short hair gave the Brits a harder, more masculine look. So much so, that I wondered if the Swedes and Norwegians looked at our boys and thought they were a bunch of thugs (as if . . . :eek:).

As for full-grown men ;) Well, Viggo in LOTR looks wonderful with long hair and, imo, not so wonderful, in other films, without it. But that’s part of the appeal of his whole character in LOTR.

I think a select few men suit long hair, as long as it isn’t styled the way some wussy footballers have it. (You know the type that roll around the grass when they get so much as a stud in the knee :rolleyes: )

RaVeN, if you have it long, I’d go for clean (obviously), and mildly scruffy. But I’ll always picture you with black feathers anyway ;)

Third Man Girl

not a girl but

used to have long hair, i also used to braid it and put magpie feathers in it. But now i work in a professional office and i find short hair easier to deal with, however i think if i could click my fingers and have it long with braids and feathers again - i would.

also my fiance would prefer it long again - it would go with the frock coat i'm to get married in!

ksky

A friend of mine would braid his hair with bird skulls and feathers. Not a look I'd recommend.

RaVeN said:
There have been a few times in my adulthood when it was shorter and many of the women I met said they like long hair on men. (my timing always stunk) And when it's longer, I've heard from many women that they like it short.

Yep, that's women. The sooner they decide what it is they want, the happier we'll all be. Until they change their mind again.

Now, what is it with women who turn 40 and immediately cut their hair short? :eek:

Mile-O-Phile said:
Yep, that's women. The sooner they decide what it is they want, the happier we'll all be. Until they change their mind again.

You'd have nothing to complain about if we did.

About hair, depends on the look, clean, slighty mussed, ragged look :D generally is good ;) but naturally varies from person to person.

Almost anything is better than the short spiked geled/greasy look.

I would say it depends on the hair. If you condition it, it looks nice, and you aren't balding in front, go for it. I just don't like frizzy hair that hasn't been taken care of, or bald in front with long hair like it's compensating.

Depends on the man and especially on the hair. Clean and slightly scruffy without balding is usually a good look (or, at least, appeals to me).

If my honey grew out his hair, I wouldn't mind, except for the fact he's looking for a job and I'd rather him not mess up his "proper image" for employers. ;)

third man girl said:
As for full-grown men ;) Well, Viggo in LOTR looks wonderful with long hair and, imo, not so wonderful, in other films, without it. But that’s part of the appeal of his whole character in LOTR. Third Man Girl

I agree completely with you! :)
As for the long hair question, it depends entirely on the man, because it suits some people and not others, IMO.

RainbowGurl, the guy in that picture is Toronto-based comic, writer and actor Lincoln Trudeau ;)

Dont ask me how i know, you'd be disappointed when i told you, just believe for a little while that i am truly omniscent :D

Phil

RaVeN said:
I guess my question is, would you keep your old man if he had hair that reached half way down his back or do you look down on it

I'd keep him but i'd take a pair of scissors to it during the night ;) It suits some guys but I personally prefer shorter hair :)

Long hair, short short.. people don't usually care much for my opinion on this but anyway:
Short hair- can look good
Long hair- Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. (When well kept that is)
The longer the better. For anyone. It's just very beatiful and elegant(IMHO).

Thanks to a friend(for the time being at least) today I've added my pic to my profile. It's an older picture but I don't think I've changed much. My hair's aprox the same length(but I don't wear the ear ring any more).

Hair too long for ya?

RaVeN

Back