• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Slave's Vow by Annette Austin Recently Released on Amazon

Annette Austin

Hello everyone. My name is Annette Austin.

My third novel, ‘A Slave’s Vow’, is the third novel in The James Saga. The previous two novels that I have written, ‘The Fall of the House of James’ and ‘Always A Slave’, have obtained five-star reviews on Amazon.

This novel continues the turbulent love affair between Lawrence James, a rich plantation owner’s son and Jasmine Thomas, a former slave, set in the fictional town of Ark Angel in South Carolina in the 1860s.

But this novel is not just about an interracial love story. It is also about the horrors of slavery, notably how traumatic the aftereffects of such a brutal experience will have not only on ex-slaves bodies but on their souls too.

The book is also about the consequences of your actions, as one character pays a heavy price for an action that they took in the previous novel.

Here is just a little blurb to whet your reading appetite.:)

THE THIRD BOOK IN THE JAMES SAGA

Can a wounded heart be mended?

After her lover, Lawrence James, throws her out of his home, Jasmine Thomas must pick up the pieces of her life once more. Hurt and humiliated, she also has the additional issue of being pregnant with the daunting prospect of bringing up the child alone.

Residing in a cottage owned by Lawrence in Beverly, Charleston, Jasmine is lonely until she meets a mysterious stranger, Henry Dean. He seems like the perfect gentleman, but does he have an ulterior motive?

Meanwhile, Lawrence, realising his mistake, wants Jasmine to come back to him. Initially, she is reluctant to do so, but her heart cannot let go of him. However, a huge crisis engulfs the plantation, putting not only Lawrence’s home but other people’s lives at risk.

When Lawrence lets her down once more and with Henry’s control over Jasmine tightening, she is left with a choice – does she give Lawrence one more chance or does she finally let go of him for good?

Here is the link to the book on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Slaves-Vow-J...d=1582206314&sprefix=annette+a,aps,238&sr=8-3

‘A Slave’s Vow’ is available on Amazon. The first two novels in The James Saga, ‘The Fall of the House of James’ and ‘Always A Slave’ is also on Amazon.

I am always happy to converse with any readers who have enjoyed the books or who want to know more about The James Saga or writing in general. Please feel free to contact me here, or at my email address, anne.austin586@gmail.com. Alternatively, you can contact me on my Twitter page, Annette Austin@91329398.

I also love books so I am happy to talk to fellow book addicts as well.

Hope to connect with you all soon.

Annette Austin
:)

Back