• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A World of stories.

Cosimah2o

Telling stories is an ancient art that is still alive in all cultures of our planet. Each book aims to contribute, as a grain of sand, to make known the infinite variety of popular culture of oral tradition, the importance of words and stories that reflect the way of thinking and feeling of the people.
This compilation aims to contribute to knowledge of these cultures and the promotion of tolerance among those who read or hear and, in turn, help them to discover the similarities and differences between all people who share the earth.

The giant Finn and McConigle (Bryant Keogh, Ireland)
The goat of Mr. Seguin (Nicole Boivert, France)
Pomperipossa and his big nose (Lena Mansson, Sweden)
Benedict Montgarran or the batlle of the Bulge (Olivier Hecquet, Belgium)
The little hero of Haarlem (Antoine Tromp, Netherlands)
*Stefan, I Am from Belgrade :p ( Tamara Ivanic, Serbia)
The stand of the sea urchin (Trísic Jovan, Serbia)
The little brother and little sister (Beatrice Nyffenegger, Switzerland)
The magical forest (Seslija Alexandra, Serbia-Croatia)
The gold fish (Julie Leykina, Russia)
The four dragons (Han-wei Liu, China)
Yosaku and Magic Bird (Tsuyoki Yama, Japan)
The soldier, cheese and mice (Ahmad Hassan Dezful, Iran)
Ali Baba (Ghoulabzouri Saïd, Morocco)
Lies of spider (Pinot Louis, Ivory Coast)
Mawu and their children (Agnes Agboton, Dahomey-Benin)
The legend of Isis and Osiris (Adel Ebeid, Egypt)
The soul of forest ( HEAST, Helen)
The Indian that did not meet his word (Eric Phillips, USA)

Stories about Africa

Mama Panya's Pancakes, CHAMBERLIN, Mary i Rich.

Tibili: The Little Boy Who Didn't Want to Go to School, ÉONARD, Marie.

The liltte Masai, GEIS, Patricia.

The empty school, BEN JELLOU, Tahar.

Stories about Asia & Oceania
The Magic Horse of Han Gan, Chen, Jiang Hong.
Elephant Dance: A Journey to India, HEINE, Theresa.
My Name Is Yoon, RECORVITS, Hele.
The Elephant's Pillow, ROOME, Diana Reynolds.
Little Maori, GEIS Patricia

* :p (Subliminal message):D

Nice compilation:)

I have read some books of Tahar Ben Jellou as The Sand Child, ( "L'Enfant de sable") and Racism Explained to My Daughter ( "Le Racisme expliqué à ma fille").. Yes, I have read both in french..I think, his books are pegagocigal readings.
Well, I hope to find The empty school.

If you allowed me, I want to include a book at your compilation about Asia. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. (( Disney was not the real author )). This collection of stories was written in 1894.

Hällo Moritz, Wilekomen:)

Yes, you can incluide all the books that you want.. This compilation is not complet yet.

(( Tiens-tiens! J'ai lu l'enfant de sable aussi. Tahar Ben Jelloun écrit merveilleusement bien. C'est très poétique. En effet, ce roman prend les allures du conte oriental et est un excellent moyen de se familiariser avec le monde arabe.;)))

Hola Cosimah2o, danken :D

I did some homeworks. :whistling: I found some folk tales ( on website) come from all different places around the world. The link is :
*3w.unc.edu/~rwilkers/title.htm * ( 3w = www)

[ Oui, La forme de ce roman est assez particulière même si avec lui Tahar Ben Jelloun renoue avec une structure plus traditionnelle. ]

Hällo Cosimah2o.

Wie gehts? Very soon i will write a thread about The Physician. I am finishing the reading, 71 pages for ending.. I am coping your suggestions ( Avicenna & Galen medicine, genau!). I am an absentminded Mesopotamian sribe. It seems a joke :blink:, but I am in desert and, a while ago, my head was close to a greedy camel called Saladin. I am not Rob J. Cole yet! Sorry, but the area local net went down. I saw your new post about the Childhood Autism, i would like to reply too. Bis bald, Moritz ;)

Back