• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Abandoned

klemske

Abandoned

As I awoke I realized something was wrong, really wrong. I was not in my warm comfortable bed anymore. I gazed around to realize I was in some kind of compound or facility. Laying in the filth of the ground. A gigantic open shed, probably about size of a small stadium, totally bare. I got up to investigate what was going on, desolate, all around. There was nothing, no life, no movement, no sounds. It was an eerie quiet like you see in the movies. As I walked outside of the building I had awoke in, I realized it wasn’t just the facility that was barren. There was no life for as far as I could see. Panic setting in, I started to scramble around looking for any reassurance that this wasn’t real, that I was just dreaming.

As I started toward the sky I saw a F-18 fighter plane fly right over, knocking me over. It landed a mere thousand feet from me. Cockpit opens up and two people come out. Felling better inside knowing I was not alone. They approached me not saying a word, I followed them into a jeep and we drove away. As we were driving they explained that there was only about a number of people left on earth and we were on and old abandoned army base. We drove, for which seemed, very little time. We approached a port where we proceeded to park the jeep and head for the massive aircraft carrier docked just ahead. Knowing exactly where to go, I took the lead and they followed me to the navigational room. I flipped some switches and we started off, heading into the sea.

We set sail and were off with about five hundred other people aboard. As we sailed through the ocean I could sense how alone we were, except the few of us aboard ship. Then the flurry of questions, that should have hit me right away, started going through my head in ever direction. What had happened, where was everyone, why had I woken up on an army base? What had happened overnight to cause all this?

Several hours later we had arrived at another port, where we were, what we are doing there, I don’t know. As I gazed over to the right to view a monstrous building I realized I was not navigating the ship. The ship went to the left gliding into the port walkway causing a rip in the side of the carrier. Everyone was in a panic, scrambling to get off the carrier. I joined in and as we were all off we watched it descend to it's gloomy grave at the bottom of the ocean. I turned around to see the expression of everyone that was on the ship, it was not what I was expecting, they were not happy, I was not welcome anymore. Without haste I started to run. As they chased me I ran into the building that was the reason for the demise of the ship, to find a safe place to hide. I wondered around this futuristic style building unsure of anything anymore.

I headed down several corridors guessing on which way to go. As I reached a classic dead end, I started to look around trying to figure out what I was going to do. I looked up and a vent caught my eye. I propped it open and I climbed into it. Shutting it I was realized I was just barely able to crawl in it. Astonishingly clean I headed in the only direction I could. After several yards later I saw light ahead, realizing this was the end of the road. I peered out of the vent cover and could see the people in the ship gathered in the room. They were discussing something; I was unable to hear anything but faint voices. I knew it was going to be a while before I would be able to exit the vent, so I decided to lie down and doze off for a bit.

re:

i like it. But i think it goes a little too fast in some places. Taking it slower can add some suspense. But besides that, its interesting and has good detail.

Back