• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

About me

muggle

As some of you know. We are in the process of selling our house. Yesterday I was cleaning out a storage area and came across a box filled with stuff that my parents had kept from my school years. Now, I am an "old geezer" and the stuff goes back many years. I found this piece of paper that our teacher had us do in the 3rd grade and found it amusing:

About yourself. Answer by writing a complete sentence:

What is your name? - - My name is Edward XXXXXX

How old are you? - - I am 8 years old.

Where do you live? - - I live in XXXXXX, Pennsylvania

What grade are you in? - - I am in the third grade

Who is your teacher? - - My teacher is Miss. XXXXXXX

What lesson do you like best? - - I like reading best

Which is your hardest lesson? - - My hardest lesson is spelling.

What was amusing was that even way back then I loved reading.

Do you have any amusing stories about your younger days?

I'll join in the aww, if I may, muggle, and tell tiny story of myself. Both my parents tell me that as a baby, obviously long before I could read, I could be found rocking and perusing whatever book was lying around. Couldn't read - could heft a book. Some things about ourselves are truly writ.

My intent was to encourage everyone to tell an amusing story about theirself when young. I did not do a very good job of it. Thanks bren, you seem to have grasped my intent.:)

Well...my parents would let me watch Sesame Street a lot. And apparently my favorite part was when they read the letter of the day. Not that I remember any of this, mind you...
My mom told me that one day she walked into the living room to find me playing with my blocks, which had colorful letters on them. She walked closer and realized I was reading off the letter on each block and tossing it over my shoulder and getting another. I was 18 months old and I knew almost all of my letters.
Then, when I was about three or four, my Dad let me watch part of Ben-Hur with him. All day long the next day, I was pretending to row a boat and trying to convince my mom I was a "Roman captive." It actually really freaked her out. I think it's funny, though. ^^

muggle said:
My intent was to encourage everyone to tell an amusing story about theirself when young. I did not do a very good job of it. Thanks bren, you seem to have grasped my intent.:)
Sorry Muggle, I was never young though. :eek:

No, I knew that, but you said "Do you have any amusing stories of your younger days?" and er, I don't. Not really. I'm boring like that... unless you mean tennage years, where there are plenty of stories I could share. ;)

When I was younger (but old enough to read chapter books) I was being bothered one day by my younger sister, who was playing directly below my bedroom in the basement and making a lot of noise, thereby interrupting my reading. I decided to try and scare her into silence so I crouched down by the heating vent and called into it in a spooky voice, "Jennnaaaa.... this is the ghost who lives in this housseee.... if you don't be quiet right nowww, I am going to eat you up!"

Well my mom heard me doing this of course, and she called me over in the You Are In Trouble voice. Meanwhile, my sister is trying to call up to me as quietly as she can: "Kristo! Come down here! You have to hear this!" My mom said, "Kristo, you have to go downstairs RIGHT NOW and tell Jenna what you did and apologize." So I had to do it and from then on I just yelled at her if I wanted her to be quiet. Less effective but at least it didn't get me into trouble :p

I have a story from when I was younger, but it hasn't got anything to do with reading, sorry :eek:

When I was younger (about 2-3) and didn't get my way, I'd hold my breath until my parents gave in. Apparently I'd keep holding it until I turned blue sometimes, and fainted quite a lot, too. That all stopped once they took me to the doctor and he told them that I couldn't kill myself by doing that, as I'd start breathing once I'd fainted (cursed doctors...). I was quite the little manipulator, it seems :D

I was such a good manipulator that my friend D's parents would tell her "Don't go and pull a Duff on me now." They would tell her this anytime she tried whining or doing something else to try and get something from them.

I was famous for guilt tripping my parents. Making anyone who would punish feel horrible for doing so. I was obscenely cute (and knew it). Once I got caught at something I would instantly tell the truth, launch into some convoluted reason for why i felt I did it. What I learned (though I never did) ans cry as I apologized.

Of course, I would do whatever it was again 15 minutes later.

steffee said:
Sorry Muggle, I was never young though. :eek:

No, I knew that, but you said "Do you have any amusing stories of your younger days?" and er, I don't. Not really. I'm boring like that... unless you mean tennage years, where there are plenty of stories I could share. ;)
If you are gonna tell stories about your teenage years I think you had better PM them to me. :D :D

Back