• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alessandro Barricco

Thelma

Has anyone read anything by this guy? The first book I read was Novecento because I heard it was made into a film called The Legend of 1900, with Tim Roth in the leading role. I was completely amazed by this small book and when I finished it (quite quickly, in an hour ) I held it in my hand and looked at its cover like at a little miracle. What is special about it is that it says so much in very few words, it has a plot but at the same time it's poetic and meditative. It's written like a play, a monologue as far as I remember, it's the story of a child found on the piano of a cruise ship. nobody knows his parents and he becomes an exceptional pianist without a teacher, he never leaves the ship and I don't know if I should tell you about the ending really.You should read the book and find out the ending.
Well, I just wanted to tell you about it, I'll come back with more information on Barricco.

ah. i know that movie. it was wonderful. I really like the ending that the boy never left the ship. a legend is a legend. it should not have to end up into a dust.

so, the end is different in the book? thanks for this info. hmm.

Goodday.

Well

Well, I didn't see the film, so you kind of made me reveal the ending in the book, I think it is the same in the film. The boy grows up, never leaves the ship and when he is just over 30, the ship is abandoned and has to be destroyed, so the boy stays on the ship and gets killed when the ship is blown up.
And another thing, I love your signature, the lines from Blake, every time I have to study Blake I fall in love with these lines. ;)

Back