• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Almost there!!

magemanda

I am at fever pitch :)

I've re-read all 5 books this last week to get me ready for tonight.....

12.01 cannot come quick enough *anticipating a very late night*

Eight and a half hours to go!

i laughed so hard reading this. i love your enthusiasm. seriously, will you sleep at all over the next 3 days?

I'm going to do what I did for the last three books: wait a month, and then pick it up when I don't have to worry about some over-anxious fat mom running me over to get it for her son/daughter.

Some people's joy is other people's misery. I am trying to avoid reading it.
- Waiting for the postman outside and hiding it when it arrives? It might get me over the weekend but no longer than that.

She said she would stop everything when it arrives. Can I tell her she'll have to wait until I read to her another two books or read it herself if she cannot wait? I hope that one works.

magemanda said:
I am at fever pitch :)

I've re-read all 5 books this last week to get me ready for tonight.....

12.01 cannot come quick enough *anticipating a very late night*

Eight and a half hours to go!

LOL. I used to reread the books, too. I decided not to this time around since I've already read each one at least twice.

I'm going to be out shopping for wine tomorrow, I can stop on my way back. Perhaps I'll pick up an extra bottle in case the crowds become problem.

Does anyone know where the cheapest shop to get it is in the Uk, if you havnt pre booked a copy that is.

Well it's after midnight in the UK now.

I was just at my local Chapters here in ON and they have over 1300 copies ready to go and piles of staff prepared to be there until 1AM. I think I might do the midnight run just to be a part of the phenomenon.

ions said:
Well it's after midnight in the UK now.

I was just at my local Chapters here in ON and they have over 1300 copies ready to go and piles of staff prepared to be there until 1AM. I think I might do the midnight run just to be a part of the phenomenon.

That's hard core. I can't tell what it would take to drag me out to the book store in the middle of the night (it's not easy being a morning person). Wow, I don't feel worthy to post on the same HP thread. ;)

I'm not really hardcore. I do want the the book but I'm gonna do the midnight run just to experience it. Not very often an event like this is about something I'm even interested in.

Got mine. Interesting experience. There were a few people dressed up. One as Hagrid, HUGE dude and another as Dumbledore then a few kids in the lineup with pointy hats. The store was well organized so as soon as midnight struck the line moved well.

Thats a very cool post robert! :cool: :p

I'm waiting for my mum to bring it back from the shops. I'm not as obsessed as some people - although I have reminded her about 3 times. :) (...and I have been trying to keep this day clear in my diary for quite a while), but otherwise I'm just a regular fan.

Has anyone finished it yet? What do ppl think?

I have always been one of the first to buy the Harry Potter book. Book number 2 I even ordered from the U.K. as it was released there before it was released in the U.S. The UK and US books had some minor differences btw. This time I am going to wait and buy the book at my convenience.

Back