• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alpha Nine

-Carlos-

I was going through some very old boxes in my parents house and descovered a notebook that contained stories I wrote when I was a young preteen. I read through some of them and I was taken back to a more innocent time. Some of the creative stories were left undone and I wanted to post one of them to allow members to continue were I left off twenty-three years ago.

The story is titled Alpha Nine. It's a comical, sci-fi tale about three alien space travelers. Oh the mind of the thirteen year old! :p

Here is Alpha Nine as I found it that day in my parents house:

Alpha Nine

Mongo V, a planet far, far away, was in danger of doom. It's governmental elders elected three brave space warriors to travel the vast universe in hopes of finding a suitable planet for the Mongolian populace. The fate of the whole race was at stake. The threesome had to cross expansive galaxies, dodge massive meteor storms, and avoid annoying black holes alone the way before reaching the final destination: Alpha Nine.

Private Soynks awoke from his long sleep. After deactivating the sleep cylinder glass cover, he sat up and stretched with a yawn before turning his attention to the green-skinned and hairy science officer, Spot.

"Spot, did you call me?" he asked in a drunken tone.
"Negative private" Spot replied.

At that Soynks rolled his eyes to look out one of the port-holes. To his surprise, he noticed something familiar floating in the darkness. It was the planet they were seeking! His eyes widen as his purple blood raced through his veins in excitement.

"Could that be Alpha Nine? Have we finally arrived!?" he said to himself as he ran to the bridge.

Storming into the cockpit, Soynks turned his attention to the hairless, thick-veined skull of Captain Watzyasay, who was also kin.

"Captain is that Alpha Nine! Have we reached constellation 1201?" the private exclaimed while pointing at the dot ahead. The Captain looked across to Spot, who had just entered the cockpit.

"Yes Soynks, that's it all right. Welcome to constellation 1201" Watzyasay answered.
"Great! I'm so glad we finally arrived. It's been a long journey. Over five millennium!" Soynks said.
"Five thousand, three hundred and fifty-two years: Six months, two days; eighteen minutes, forty-one point sixteen seconds." Spot added.

The cubical craft plunged into the corruption of the atmosphere, piercing through the dense gases. The ship was violently tossed across the sky by hurricane gales. Roaring thunder flashed it's blinding...
_

Back