• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Am Malavi Sivakanesan

Malavi

I (Malavi Sivakanesan) was born and brought up in Norway and at the crucial moment of the civil war in Sri Lanka, just like many of the Tamils around the world I also participated in demonstrations every single day and sent letter after letter to the politicians in Norway. At one point all the youth who had worked hard to win back our country got depressed and hurt, including myself. Then my father encouraged me to get back on my feet and try to do something unusual to make a difference. That is when I thought, if worldwide demonstrations and emotional letters don’t work then something must, right? That is how I started writing a book called ‘Was I a Stranger in My Homeland?’ to send a message to everyone around the globe. I went to the Tamil’s homeland (Tamil Eelam) in 2003 with my whole family at the age of eight. I have written about my experiences to make people aware of how much fun it was to be in my ‘homeland’ and to make clear that it is impossible to experience that again. My aim is to share my experiences and opinions with all the youngsters around the world. I hope you will all support and encourage me by liking, commenting and sharing my posts on my Facebook page and finally my reading my book.
Here is the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/InMyHomeland

Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to the appropriate place for self promotion. Please keep all self promotion in this thread.

You are welcome to re-introduce yourself to the forum (without promoting your book or website)

Back