• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

American Gods

JGL

My brother recently bought it on Kindle and, after reading two chapters, promptly returned it. That said, I've heard good things from others, so I figured I'd pop on here and see what the community thinks before sinking my eight bucks into a copy. Anyone taken a gander at it yet and wish to share their thoughts?

Meadow, thanks for the link. It's much appreciated.

Spark, I think I'm going to grab it sometime today. I'm ready for something a little different. Thanks for the response.

Neil Gaiman is certainly something different. I just picked up a copy of his latest book yesterday - The Ocean At The End of the Lane - haven't got to it yet though.

I enjoyed American Gods. I took it to the beach and didn't regret a minute of it. I'm still not quite sure what turned my brother off to it. It was profound without being pretentious and genre without being campy. Both of those things are hard to pull off and in tandem they're exceedingly rare.

If you've enjoyed his Sandman series, give American Gods a go. It's not bad, although if you're a Sandman veteran you may find that a little too many things feel rehashed.

I like that he's... unexpected.

If you've enjoyed his Sandman series, give American Gods a go. It's not bad, although if you're a Sandman veteran you may find that a little too many things feel rehashed.

I like that he's... unexpected.

Yes.

I love American Gods. The semi-sequel Anansi Boys was great too.

Back