• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Amnesty Raffle Tickets

Litany

First off, if this counts as spam, then soz, but as it's for charity rather than personal gain I thought I should risk it. If it's naughty then delete it. I doubt I'll sell any anyway, but it costs me nowt to try. :)

Tickets are £1 each and the money goes to Amnesty International. Here be the blurb from the front...

In conflict and war, horrific violence is inflicted on women - like in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Kavira Muraulu, a farmer in her 50s, was raped by a soldier from a nearby military camp who broke into her home. Kavira reported the rape and repeatedly appealed for justice - but state officials tried to make her retract her statement and left her unprotected. The soldier came back with his friends. They tied her up, beat her and bayoneted her. But she survived, and continues to fight for justice.

Amnesty International campaigns for thousands of women like Kavira Muraulu, and demands action by government, communities and individuals to STOP violence against women throughout the world.

It's for AIUK, so I don't know if people from outside the UK are allowed to enter.

Now for the important bit...

1st prize £3000
2nd prize £1500
3rd prize £600
4th prize £300
5th prize £100

In the unlikely event that anyone does want a ticket, I can probably accept Paypal, or a cheque, or if you live nearby I can come round with my spork and collect in person.

Closing date is 3/12/04 and the draw is 10/12/04.

Me too. I join in with the letter writing when there are email addresses or UK embassies, but more than that and it starts getting very time consuming and expensive. It's one of those jobs that you wonder how people can cope with doing it full time.

Anyway, they keep sending me these raffle tickets with my mag, and no one ever wants to buy the damn things. I'll just guilt my family into buying them all over the weekend. :)

I was about to ask if it closes on 3/12/04 doesn't that mean it's already over? But then I realized I was being an American. :eek:

Back