• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

an interesting life story

bebe

kickbox
I recently read in the newspaper about this guy internationally known as "Lawrence of Arabia" (after the hit film) T.E. Lawrence, who, if you don't know the story, drove the Turkish army out of Arabia or something during WW2 *if this info is incorrect sorry i'm just trying to remember off the top of my head* and how he sent money to this woman living somewhere in Britain or Scotland *really helps, doesn't it?* to keep her silent about his real identity, which he kept hidden for some reason while taking low rank pilot jobs and stuff in the army, even though he was really, really famous and everybody wanted to know what he was like (classic loner, hated publicity of ANY kind) The money stopped after going to the woman after a month or so and then started going towards some other man who knew his identity and apparently gave T.E. Lawrence beatings because he was begged to do so (Lawrence had a masochistic nature...this is getting pretty twisted) So the whole point behind this is that this had never been known or revealed in any of the biographal works on his life, nor his autobiographical book, the seven pillars. So just spreading the word about this very interesting character, which I'm sure had a most unusual life (comapred with most others', anyway) -B

Back