• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

another new member, me

letterHead

Hi everybody.
Just poked my nose in and liked what I saw.
I enjoy science fiction, crime thrillers and mysteries, and occasionally read the odd non-fiction book. I also play Scrabble and do cryptic crosswords.
I am also a keen bookcrosser.
Once again, hi.

Ah, a Scrabble fan. My Greatgrandmother is 90 and can still get to about 300 on a bad game. Ever see xylophone played on a triple word score? Scary...

Darren - thanks for the welcome.

HBinjection - a bookcrosser is a member of www.bookcrossing.com. We release books 'into the wild' once read, the aim being to turn the whole world into a library.

Prolixic - I make that score starting around 72 points depending on the placement. If it was formed around a 2-letter word add another 50 for the bonus. Scary indeed. I play low grade competitively, so quite regularly encounter ladies like your greatgrandmother. :)

Dawn - nice pun, and thanks for the welcome.

Cheers

Hello :)

This bookcrossing thing interests me, but I've never seen it myself - is it at all common in the UK? And if not, oughtn't we Brits to do something about it...? ;)

Cheers,
David.

David,
A search on bookcrossing for the United Kingdom shows 1,647 members. I'd say the Brits were definitely into it.
You may find some people in your region from the 'search members' area of the site.

Back