• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

M

member 737

I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

When you give yourself, you receive more than you give.

To be a man is to be responsible. It is to feel shame at the sight of what seems to be unmerited misery. It is to take pride in a victory won by one's comrades. It is to feel, when setting one's stone, that one is contributing to the building of the world.

There is no hope of joy except in human relations.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.

He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.

Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.

What do we mean by setting a man free? You cannot free a man who dwells in a desert and is an unfeeling brute. There is no liberty except the liberty of some one making his way towards something. Such a man can be set free if you will teach him the meaning of thirst, and how to trace a path to a well.

Recognize this one: What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well. , whichi is from the little Prince by the authour.

Read the first chapter of wind, sand and stars,,but did not go anyfurther since I found harry pottery III grabbed my attention easily.

it seems his books tend to very short, but very inspiring. I had the little prince in my favorit book list.

Glad to know there are somepeople who like him as well. and like your quotes, Idun. :)

Regards,

Back