• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anything Crime Related

N3kr0

kickbox
hi there,

not sure if this is the place to put this topic, but here it goes:

i would appreciate some help on finding books or websites with information about anything crime related, forensics, anything that can help me on a story involving details of crime, anything from out to discribe a dead body on a table, with specific gunshot wound, or stabs, blood spatter, anything that CSI related, that can support describing from the most simple details to the most complex.

I've googled some forensic stuff anything so simple as to know how mush time does a dead body start to smell, apparently 4 to 10 days, stuff like that.

But when i was describing some dead bodies that were found killed with a bullet into the forehead, i was not sure about the amount of blood that would be on the floor, and on the back wall, simple things like that.

If anyone would help me on this i would appreciate :flowers:

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but there is a book called Stiff that is quite good regarding cadavers. Here's the topics it covers:

* Practicing cosmetic surgery on cadaver heads
* Body snatching and the early years of human dissection
* The nature of decomposition
* Cadavers for use as crash test dummies
* Using cadavers to analyze a crash site
* Army tests on cadavers
* Crucifixion experiments
* Beating-heart cadavers, the soul, and being buried alive
* Decapitation and human head transplant
* Cannibalism in the name of medicine
* New alternatives to burial and cremation
* The author's views on her own remains

The nature of decomposition may be helpful, and I believe there are a few other CSI details as well. At any rate, perhaps it can furnish some great background information for other parts of your story(ies).

Be careful, the book you want is fully titled Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers and the author is Mary Roach. I discovered when looking up these details there's another stiff book that is a fiction thriller and probably useless to you.

Back