• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Arabian nights

I really want to read this series of tales, but I'm not sure which translation I should be looking at. I've heard some of the tales are bawdy indeed, and some of the translations are pared down for western audiences and their children (as are many of Grimm's tales). Others don't translate the arabian style quite so well.

So has anyone got any recommendations as to what version of the book I should try to obtain?

Thanks

Fluffy bunny,

I browsed the net in search of an answer for your question, and I think I found it. I found another bookforum, in which a thread was devoted to this question. I didn't read it in its entirety, but you might want to check it out. Especially the second post will be interesting to you (the one from Midori).

Check it out, right here.

I hope this is of any use to you.

Cheers, (an informative) Martin :D

Martin's link was helpful to me as well. I read several of the famous ones when I was little, but these were abridged, stupid versions. I was looking into more seriously observing the work as the stories are brilliant and exciting.

Thanks Martin. :)

Back