• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee: Garden of Rama

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
After being disappointed with Rama II, I wasn't really planning on reading Garden of Rama, but it did fit in my camera bag and I hadn't read it yet so it came off of Mt. TBR and came with me on a 5 hour plane ride.

Garden of Rama picks up after the events of Rama II and follows the journey of Nicole des Jardins, Richard Wakefield, and Michael O'Toole as they live on Rama as it travels towards its unknown destination. When Rama finally reaches its destination, the Earth crew is taken aboard, "studied", then sent back to Earth on Rama with the mission of picking up 2000 humans to live aboard Rama as it travels through space. Not surprisingly, Earth has a hard time finding 2000 volunteers and augments the volunteers with "well behaved" prisoners from penal institutions. The results are predictable.

The book was better than I was expecting but wasn't 3 star material.

I give it 2-1/2 stars.

Back