• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Artistic License?

mmyap

I just read that Orlando Bloom's character from LOTR will also be in Jackson's upcoming remake of the Hobbit. This bugs me and I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

It seems like if you are going to make a book into a movie you shouldn't go and stick in characters that weren't in the actual book.

Don't turn The Hobbit into something it isn't. It doesn't need "fixing."

Thoughts?

I'd probably be annoyed if I were a diehard LOTR fanatic. Since the books bore me to tears, any deviations from the source material really don't bother me.

I just read that Orlando Bloom's character from LOTR will also be in Jackson's upcoming remake of the Hobbit. This bugs me and I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

It seems like if you are going to make a book into a movie you shouldn't go and stick in characters that weren't in the actual book.

Don't turn The Hobbit into something it isn't. It doesn't need "fixing."

Thoughts?

I'm opposed to anything that involves Orlando Bloom.

You mean they're adapting a book to a movie and changing some parts of the story? Has that ever happened before?

...Sorry, I meant "has that ever NOT happened before?"

Besides, I would assume that he's to show up in the second Hobbit movie, the one that's supposed to take place between The Hobbit and Fellowship. Though I haven't actually bothered researching that.

This is why I refuse to watch film versions of Waterland, Captain Corelli's Mandolin or Last Orders. I don't want to end up being that 'guy' at the party bitching about how Hollywood screws up all the good book adaptations...

Well, Legolas is a Mirkwood elf, is he not? It's not out of the question for him to be there during the events that transpired during The Hobbit.

Back