• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Astrid Lindgren

Holger

kickbox
Hi all,

Anyone reading Astrid Lindgrens books? Or should I ask: Has anyone not read any of her books?

She past away 28th January 2002, take a look at pictures taken in Stockholm on the 9th May.

Astrid Lindgrens stories were a part of my growing up and I LOVE here voice. Everybody listened to her when she talked, and her cassettes are really great (she spoke perfect German too).

/Holger

G'Day Holger,
You're right - who hasn't read Astrid Lindgren? I have only read her Pippi Longstocking books but you probably know her others also. I remember wearing odd coloured socks as a child and growing my hair in two long plaits!
I had no idea tht she had passed away - very remiss of me to not be keeping up with literary news. My condolences to you.
Janie

Well it was quit chocking for the Swedes. The whole country stopped in that second. She was the Swedish soul ... ok, that you can say about many people, but in this case that is correct.

/Holger

I'm sorry Janie, but I don't believe I've read Lindgren... Should I be ashamed of myself now? I did see some Pippi Longstocking movies though, and I really enjoyed the Ronja movie (that's also a story by her, isn't it? :confused: )

I guess I'll have to go to the library and get me some Lindgren-books. Wouldn't want to miss out on all the fun...

I have almost all Finnish translations about Astrid Lindgren's books and I'm now collecting them also as orginal, in Swedish. Astrid Lindgren is my most fave children book writer - naturally for us in Finland Astrid Lindgren's books and movies about them are very well-known. I hope that I could some day travel to Astrid Lindgren's World to Sweden.

Back