• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Aunt Petunia *SPOILERS*

h_carnahan

Aunt Petunia

Did anyone find it weird that all of a sudden Aunt Petunia finally cares for Harry when she gets the Howler from Dumbledore? And speaking about that Howler what does it mean
Remember the last time
?

Not weird, but at least it develops her character a bit and, contrary to majority vote, I feel that after what happened to Sirius and the outcry of "He was the only person that could take Harry under his wing" I think that Aunt Petunia will do her best to protect him in the future...there is definitely more to come regarding this.

Mxx

At first I did find it a little peculiar that Aunt Petunia, like you say, 'finally cares for Harry'. Not until the end when DUmbledore begins to explain everything to Harry. He says the howler was a reminder about how Harry's mothers blood was the best form of protection from Lord VOldemort. In my opinion, AUnt Petunia didn't allow Uncle Vernon to dismiss Harry from the house to save Harry but to save herself from Dumbledore and those who care about Harry. How do you think The Order would react to know that AUnt Petunia booted Harry out of the house. I don't think she would want confront any of them about it.

h_carnahan said:
Did anyone find it weird that all of a sudden Aunt Petunia finally cares for Harry when she gets the Howler from Dumbledore? And speaking about that Howler what does it mean ?
What book is this in again?

on jk rowlings site she is doing a poll, where she will answer one of 3 quetions about the future plot. one quesion is about percy, one about wormtail and one is what does that howler 'remember my last' mean!
so get voting if you want to know :p

amy :D

It on the FAQ bit. click the paper clips and envelopes will appear. click anyone and it'l change pages. there is a menu on the right of the page and click faq poll.
she has also updated with alot of new information on the About the book bit on the faq part too.

amy :D

In OFTP Voldermort says
"But how to get at Harry Potter? For he has been better protected than I think even he knows, protected in ways devised by Dumbledore long ago, when it fell to him to arrange the boy's future. Dumbeldore invoked an ancient magic, to ensure the boy's protection as long as he is in his relations' care. Not even I can touch him there..."
any ideas as to what the magic Dumbledore used to protect Harry? and why when Aunt Petunia got the Howler reminding her of that duty, she was so frightened?

It was eventually said that the howler Dumbledore sent was refferring to the last letter they left on the door step with Harry when his parents died. It was also said that that letter was not the only one that Dumbledore sent to Petunia while Harrys parents were alive....

Amy :D

JK Rowling recently stated that the dursleys would rarely be seen in the upcoming books, so my hopes for support from Petunia are tarnished, however I think we may get a marauders-like look back at her experiences (along with one from dudleys).

Thats interesting, maybe another look into the thingy that Dumbledore and Snape both have which show your memories, i forget what its called. Maybe Dumbledore has a copy of the letter which was left on the doorstep with Harry. I would like to know what else was written in that letter. I wonder if Aunt Petunia cooresponds with the magical world.

The pensieve was loaned to snape by dumbledore...

The magic protecting Harry is based on his mother's love for him which is aneathema to Lord V as he exists on hate and vengence.

i am looking forward to the next book and what happens now that Lord V is out in the open.

Any guesses on who the next Minister of Magic will be?

I remember reading that is definately not Harry, Dumbledore or Arthur Weasley

could be the new person who twists the story again!!

i understood, when i read the book, that when harry's mother died for him, her blood protected her and that the only one who is still carrying this blood is petunia!! and i guess if anything happens to harry something will also happen to her!! just a guess!

so who is our new defense against the dark arts professor, it seems that Umbridge will not be returning to Hogwarts, pity she will be missed greatly. I wonder if Rowling will continue with her everfamous trend of having the new character be the teacher. But if that is so, there are many vacancies for old characters to fill...

I think Petuna's dislike for Harry is related to her jealously for Harry's mother. She doesn't really hate Harry and she understands that Harry wouldn't be safe elsewhere.

Back