• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Battletech books. Any good?

I remember reading a few when I was in high school--don't even ask me how long ago that was--and thinking at the time that they were the paper equivalent of a mildly sci-fi soap opera. I think they're based on an anime series so it figures. So in answer to your question--no.

Not great literature, but ...

Actually, the Battletech animated series was based the books which were published to support the role-playing games of the same name. The books provided players with background for the large universe in which the game is played.

Many books were written by different authors, but for my money, the Michael Stackpole books were the best, and of those, the best were the "Blood of Kerensky" trilogy detailing the rise of the Clan invading the Battletech universe and uniting warring factions within that sphere. These titles are out of print: Lethal Heritage, Blood Legacy, and Lost Destiny.

These are solid young adult-type novels.

O

Back