• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bbc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disenthral

BBC is the best channel around...... It's true.Shows like Dr. Who, Torchwood, HEX, Primeval, Being Human blow away American shows.. I actually don't have anything else to say just thought id point that out...:cool:

some others here must feel the same???

I've only seen "Robin Hood" and "Merlin". Okay fare, but no better/worse than American programming. I need to see "Being Human"; that sounds like a fun series.

The best show on the BBC currently is The Street, a drama depicting the everyday lives of characters from the same street. It's real life,which is hard,funny,brutal & moving.

We watch alot of BBC around our house. I have to put in a word for Top Gear. I'm not even a car junkie and I love this show. I also enjoy How Clean Is Your House. No matter how sloppy the house is this show makes me feel like I'm doing fine, sort of like a journey of domestic schadenfreude.:D

I was going to start a new thread about this but I came across this board :)

I was wondering what are some good BBC or overseas shows and how can I get them (preferably not through streaming websites, etc.) Do they release DVDs Stateside of a lot of these shows? Any input would be appreciated!

We watch alot of BBC around our house. I have to put in a word for Top Gear. I'm not even a car junkie and I love this show. I also enjoy How Clean Is Your House. No matter how sloppy the house is this show makes me feel like I'm doing fine, sort of like a journey of domestic schadenfreude.:D
:lol:,yes,the show makes us appreciate our cleanliness.

Have you ever seen Absolutely Fabulous ? There are some good stuff on this BBC thing.lol
Colin and Justin's Home Heist among them.

BBC? The channel that brings us Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare and You Are What You Eat with the poo lady?

BBC? The channel that brings us Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare and You Are What You Eat with the poo lady?

Thats interesting. Those programmes weren't made by the BBC, they were shown on the commercial channels here in the UK, Channel 4 I think.

I guess the BBC bought the rights to show them in other countries. Shame, the BBC has more than enough excellent programmes to show to the world rather than buying in that sort of rubbish.

Boy you scared me with all those exclamation points in you thread title. I thought BAR was on fire. :sad:

agreed....they seem to have a much better sense of humor...and not much on censorship:D

anyone ever watch Little Britain (it's on HBO) btw? :lol:

agreed....they seem to have a much better sense of humor...and not much on censorship:D

anyone ever watch Little Britain (it's on HBO) btw? :lol:

Not so much censorship? Thats interesting... Try not to get thrown off the board for typing rude things, but what sorts of things do you see from the BBC that might be censored normally on your shows? More violent? More "saucy"? More bad language?

Not so much censorship? Thats interesting... Try not to get thrown off the board for typing rude things, but what sorts of things do you see from the BBC that might be censored normally on your shows? More violent? More "saucy"? More bad language?

I heard that they have to edit a lot of the show SKINS before they can play it here. And when i watch it, it does have a lot of bleeps and even blurred out stuff. But it could be like that all over for all i know.

Back