• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best novels of the 21st century......so far ;)

Cool! Thanks for sharing that. I like that list. I am glad to see Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk in there as well. And Gilead.
I think I had read to much hype about the Corrections before I actually read the book. That can sometimes be detrimental to ones enjoyment. Lol.

I instead have read only "the road" of this list, they made me read it at school when I was 13, but actually I didn't enjoyed it a lot because, you know, it's not so fit for children. It's very harsh and rough, and some scenes struck me a bit because I still remember them after five years hahaha I should reread the book for appreciate it as it deserve!

Has anyone on here read Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel? im watching the tv series at the moment and might give it a go.

^ That's a coincidence. I ordered it yesterday after having read a ton of great stuff about it. I didn't know it was a TV series though.
Anyhow, if you decide to start you won't be reading alone. I think it is pretty long though 600 + pages, so it might take me a while. I am planning to start it this weekend.

Started Wolf Hall over the weekend. At 7% through, it is hard to make a judgement, but I think it is going to be really good.

@ trappa, so at about half way through, I've gotta say this is a good book and well worth a read. The author masterfully paints a picture of Henry's courtiers, the place, the time, everything. The writing is fluid and just sort of glides along. She doesn't bog the reader down with too much detail or information that's not important to Cromwell's story. I am enjoying it a great deal and am glad it is a trilogy in progress. I have to admit that as an American with a pretty basic education, I didn't know too much about the Tudor Kings or this period in European history. I also haven't gotten caught up in the Tudor craze that seems to be sweeping literature and television, so I have spent a lot of time on the internet looking up these people ; More, Wolsey, Cromwell, Anne Boleyn ( and Mary), etc. Probably why I am only half way through. Anyhow, you know it is great historical fiction when it prompts you to educate yourself. If it goes horribly bad in the last half I'll let you know, but otherwise I would definitely recommend it.

Back