• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best thrift shop book found?

Bookeater

I was in a thrift shop yesterday, and I found a old version of "Erasmus Montanus" by Ludvig Holberg (It's an old Danish author) from around the 30's, it's not very often I find those kind of books, so I was happy to get it, and I only paid about two dollars for it.

I also found Hamlet in English once.

Have any of you found some good books in thrift stores?

If you are ever in Glasgow, you should try to visit voltaire-rousseau. It is an Aladdin's cave for book lovers. They stock most genres and you can sometimes pick up a real bargain.

Attachments

• 160905-voltaire-and-rousseau-in-otago-lane.jpg
    160905-voltaire-and-rousseau-in-otago-lane.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
There used to be a secondhand book store at the end of my street. It had everything. I'm sorry it closed.

If you are ever in Glasgow, you should try to visit voltaire-rousseau. It is an Aladdin's cave for book lovers. They stock most genres and you can sometimes pick up a real bargain.
I suppose that is the curse of 1p books on Amazon. Second hand book shops just can't compete. Even larger stores like Waterstones find it difficult. Remember Borders?

Hey Everybody,
I hope you don't take this as spam or advertising as really all I am looking to do is try to get people back into book shops, away from Amazon and make it as easy as possible to find their local book shop. I'd like to know what you would like from a service that does exactly that. This is what I have so far. It's not pretty, it's not extensive but I want to know what you, readers would like to see.
http://booktracr.com:8080/inventory-ui/

Last edited:
Back