• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best way of translating a book

NSUSA

I published a book in Germany and are about to release a second book over there. I then want to translate the books into English and combine them to one single book. I want to publish it over here in the US after that.

I have the MS Office proofing tools which also allow to do a translation. Does anyone know of a better way to do this? I assume the automated translation can do about 50% or less - leaving everything else to be done manually.

I assume an official translator is way too expensive. Is there any software out there that is known to be working for this kind of thing?

Chris

I don't think any software can translate with any kind of readable style. Perhaps a student would be willing to do it rather cheaply?

I tried an automated online service - just for the heck of it. I had lots of fun reading it. It was messy. I started translating it myself. Just need a good way of proof reading later on.

Chris

Back