• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best Way to Get Books?

How do you typically obtain your books?

• Purchase (Online)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Purchase (In-Store)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rent (from library)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borrow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian Buchanan

Hi all,
I've just picked up reading as an active hobby of mine! I currently visit the library to obtain my books most of the time, but have found limited availability an inconvenience at times. I was wondering how most of you all obtain your books? What are some of the pros and cons you've noticed through obtaining books via various methods (online, in-store, library, etc.)? Thanks for the insight everyone!

Amazon is where I get most of mine from.

For out of print books, addall.com/used has been an amazing resource.

Amazon online, mainly: It is just so convenient.
Hardcovers or e-books: depending mainly on price.
But also at the local Barnes and Noble, and at library sales which we visit regularly: for anything that catches our eye.

You can buy cheap books in the charity shop but most of them have the same thing. But I would recommended just going to a book shop if your looking for a series or the same author. If you want facts or history-go to the library :p I think its nice to finish a book and put it along with other books IV read in my "book area" of my bedroom :)

Reading online is different from reading offline. Are language teachers’ strategies for reading electronic texts and reading printed texts different? Do language teachers have different attitudes toward reading printed texts and reading electronic texts, particularly web-based reading materials? Several groups of in-service language teachers enrolled in a postgraduate course on computer-assisted language learning offered by an Australian university were asked to respond to these questions in online discussion forums. This article presents data from the discussion forums and investigates the teachers’ perspectives on online reading, while exploring the differences between online reading and offline reading and the advantages and disadvantages of the two forms of reading. Findings indicate that many teachers liked to download and print study materials for both physical and academic reasons. While most teachers preferred to read online for accessing study materials, they preferred to print out copies for more detailed reading of journal articles. These results have implications for language teacher education and professional development in e-learning environments.

Back