• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Better late than never? Christmas music ITT

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Random favorites:

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses YouTube - Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

Jingle Bells - Reverend Horton Heat YouTube - Christmas 2009

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Reverend Horton Heat (Dammit I love his guitar)YouTube - The Reverend Horton Heat - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Run Rudolph Run - Reverend Horton Heat YouTube - Rev. Horton Heat, Run Rudolph Run (OK live version)

Please Come Home for Christmas - The Eagles YouTube - The Eagles-Please Come Home for Christmas

Jingle Bell Rock - Hall & Oates (their version is superior to Bobby Helms's in every way) YouTube - Jingle Bell Rock

Last Christmas - Wham! YouTube - Last Christmas

Fairy Tale of New York - The Pogues YouTube - Fairy tale of new York

Father Christmas - The Kinks YouTube - The Kinks - Father Christmas (live)

O Little Town of Bethlehem - Young Fresh Fellows YouTube - Young Fresh Fellows - O Little Town of Bethlehem

Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC YouTube - Christmas in Hollis 2010

Christmastime: Special Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins YouTube - Christmastime: Special Edition

O Holy Night - Weezer YouTube - Weezer - O Holy Night

We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Weezer YouTube - Weezer - We Wish You A Merry Christmas With Lyrics (Hell, all the Weezer stuff is great)

Aside from Elvis, it's hard to find a good version of Blue Christmas. Chris Isaak comes DAMN close to surpassing The King: YouTube - Chris Isaak - Blue Christmas Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) comes close too: YouTube - Bright Eyes - Blue Christmas

And finally, it's not Christmas yet until I hear Burl Ives singing Holly Jolly Christmas: YouTube - Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas

Also, not to put Weezer down, but I acknowledge exactly two versions of "O Holy Night".

The first is this one, by Swedish tenor Jussi Björling, one of the greatest voices of the 20th century. Whetever your beliefs, this song is, in itself, magical:
YouTube - O Holy Night - Jussi Björling

The second, of course, is this one:
YouTube - South Park -O Holy Night

Also, this is a few weeks late, but I love the idea that in the right context - ie played by a Jewish band on Hanukkah - this old ditty becomes a holiday song:
YouTube - Yo La Tengo - Eight Days a Week

Back