• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Billy Os North-South Divide Thread

Freya

Here you go Billy. So instead of spoiling everyone else threads, you can put all your ramblings in here.

I shall begin by asking if Billy thinks I'm a southerner, and Ice thinks I'm a northerner - where the heck am I??

No. I will not stop rambling in other, totally disconnected threads; and you ought to know by now that fighting back only encourages me. Until Warm Enema is welcomed back into the fold, thus presaging the return of the Sainted Irene Wilde, I will not be sensible. I will wreak havok. And be very annoying. Especially to southern students and accountants.

You belong on the Donkey, Monkey thread with the other semi-literate, humourless twerps. And blighters.

Billy Oblivion said:
I am, as you well know, 25 years old (and 251 months). I am in my prime and I have a brain the size of a planet.

But size isn't everything, though, is it? Apparently, it's how you use it. ;) (Sorry, that just had to be said.)

Freya, you are a northerner. I too am a northerner. Billy is just jealous because he is temporarily residing in London. :p And I don't want to hear that bloody Tees argument again either, so there. Who actually told you that, anyway Billy?

I was taught in Geography that mainland Britain could be divided in half by a line drawn between the River Tees and a point on the North West coast slightly south of Workington. Therefore anyone living south of that line (ie in Middlesbrough) is a southerner. The Tees X line is a geographical fact and may not be disputed.
I have a huge brain and I know how to use it!

The Tees line was all I heard when I loved in Newcastle. Actually I lie. hey said, 'Anything south of the fucking Tyne is fucking Southern' and then I'd receive a swift wallop round the head.

Ah, so that explains it - you are talking about Britain, whereas I am referring to England. Therefore, I live in the north of England and am a northerner. :p

Freya said:
The Tees line was all I heard when I loved in Newcastle. Actually I lie. hey said, 'Anything south of the fucking Tyne is fucking Southern' and then I'd receive a swift wallop round the head.

I'm glad to hear that you loved in Newcastle; you're obviously not as lonely and unloved as I thought you were.

Halo said:
Ah, so that explains it - you are talking about Britain, whereas I am referring to England. Therefore, I live in the north of England and am a northerner. :p

I could have sworn that your profile didn't always say Yorkshire.
And whereabouts in Yorkshire? Whitby may be classed as Northern England (at a stretch) but huge swathes of Yorkshire are as far south as Merseyside where they eat jellied eels in wine bars and say barth instead of bath.

Billy Oblivion said:
I could have sworn that your profile didn't always say Yorkshire.
And whereabouts in Yorkshire? Whitby may be classed as Northern England (at a stretch) but huge swathes of Yorkshire are as far south as Merseyside where they eat jellied eels in wine bars and say barth instead of bath.

No, my profile has always said Yorkshire. I live in a part of Yorkshire that is definitely in the north of England, although some parts of the county do indeed stretch as far south as the river Humber. The fact that I say bath and grass proves that I am northern. :p

Halo said:
No, my profile has always said Yorkshire. I live in a part of Yorkshire that is definitely in the north of England, although some parts of the county do indeed stretch as far south as the river Humber. The fact that I say barth and grarss proves that I am northern. :p

Sounds suspiciously southern to me.

Billy Oblivion said:
It always has been and still is.

I'll accept that Hay82 is northern. No arguments there.
How did I suddenly come in to this? :confused: I assume that you have dicided that it is no longer restricted to England.
I must have missed something about why its bad to be a northerner..
BTW I am a student and accounting isn't far of. :)

hay82 said:
How did I suddenly come in to this? :confused: I assume that you have dicided that it is no longer restricted to England.
I must have missed something about why its bad to be a northerner..
BTW I am a student and accounting isn't far of. :)
1. Because I saw you were reading this thread and checked where you were located.
2. No you bloody student! It's good to be a Northerner, it's bad (almost unforgiveable) to be a southerner. And Freya and Halo claim to be Northern when in fact they practically live down here in London with me.
3. I have nothing further to say about accountants.

Billy Oblivion said:
a Northerner, it's bad (almost unforgiveable) to be a southerner. And Freya and Halo claim to be Northern when in fact they pratically live down here in London with me.
My brain must have skipped a few lines of this very intelligent discussion.

And I would like to say how nice it was of Freya to start a thread for me. I think she loves me. She wants to kiss me and run her fingers through my hair while gazing into my beautiful blue eyes.

Back