• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Blogs update

Janet H

After some substantial tussle the blogware has been updated. The new platform is fairly flexible and you can set up your own categories, format text and images and a variety of other options. Check the lower right hand of the blog editor for the little icons to edit, report a blog or e-mail a blog.

Be sure to scroll down below your blog entry for publication, comment and viewing options.

Go write!

I guess I'm missing it, but I don't see a way to see the listing of blogs that used to come up when one clicked on "Blogs". Has access changed?

Many thanks for the effort so far.
I can now at least see my own entries, and they look good after not seeing them for a while.
But it feels very lonely not being able to see anyone else there.
So I echo the previous question: am I too missing something?

Yes, we have a few odds and ends to work out still. Typically Jeff (Tech Admin) only has time to help out in the late evenings (US East Coast time) so please be patient. The nice thing is that we will not be on this new software which has a new version coming out soon and development will continue into the future. We are over the hump from being stuck on an old software that was discontinued.

Be sure to scroll down below your blog entry for publication, comment and viewing options.

I haven't found these yet. But I did check a bunch of boxes in my Blog Control Panel, so I think everyone should be able to see my blog posts now. I hope so. If not, please say so.

I still can't see anyone else's. No permission.

Yes, everyone's blogs will be visible soon. I already reported the issue but odds are Jeff won't be able to address them until tonight. Basically the settings for all the blogs are set to private and we need to adjust this or else everyone will be blogging by themselves. If you want to enable your blog so it's not private manually (before we do this tonight on a global level) can do so from your Blog Control Panel. Here is a link:
Book & Reader Forums

Once there, scroll to the bottom and set your settings similar to the way the attached image is set.
blog settings.gif

I've been wondering, why doesn't the blog section show up when I check for New Posts? I tend to forget the blogs are there sometimes.

I've been wondering, why doesn't the blog section show up when I check for New Posts? I tend to forget the blogs are there sometimes.
This is a good idea and I will pass it on to the software firm that develops the blog software. The same logic should be used for searching, seems stupid to have to search either blogs, forums, etc. Unfortunately that's how the software works for now but feeding them these ideas can't hurt.

This is a good idea and I will pass it on to the software firm that develops the blog software. The same logic should be used for searching, seems stupid to have to search either blogs, forums, etc. Unfortunately that's how the software works for now but feeding them these ideas can't hurt.

That's my one good idea for the day..;)

It's great to see Peder and his blog. Will the rest of us be coming back soon?
Definitely waiting to see yours again too. Sounds like resurrection will occur in a flash when the great programmer in the sky checks the box. :) I wriggled in. :lol:

Added in edit: Et voila! Sooner than that!

The new format will take some getting used to, but it is attractive and it is a real pleasure to have the blogs back. They have been one of my favorite features. I always read the new entries. It's like being in a room full of people and the conversation passes from one to the other -- and they're not all talking about the same things.

More about blogs. I can't find out how to leave a comment on a blog entry. Clicking on Comment apparently opens existing comments, but how do leave a new one? It must be there some place, but I just don't see it.

More about blogs. I can't find out how to leave a comment on a blog entry. Clicking on Comment apparently opens existing comments, but how do leave a new one? It must be there some place, but I just don't see it.

Click on comments, then scroll to the bottom of the posted comments, at the lower left on the screen there's a "post a comment" link.

Back