• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Blood Meridian

It's been in development forever. Ridley Scott was attached to direct at one time as well. There's no way they could ever do justice to this masterpiece. Who would play the Judge?

The Judge would be a hard roll to cast. Not many actors look like him and at the same time can be that creepy. I Kind of imagined him when i read it as Daniel von Bargen, because when i was young and saw lord of illusions he scared he hell out of me. Only other people i can even think of that resemble him would be John C Reily, Kelsey Grammer and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Whenever I think of Daniel von Bargen, I think of him as George's boss on Seinfeld. He's described as a huge, bald guy right? King Kong Bundy maybe? :)

HAHA DAMMIT i forgot about him in Seinfeld.....WELL that ruined him for me as the judge ..THANKS :lol: Yea hes described as a giant pale baby, why I thought of John C Reily. He just seems like a man baby.

John Goodman with a shaved head.

Never thought of Goodman...he played a great small part in the Coen Bro's film Brother Where Art Though. I can see him as the Judge.

Another alternative...Daniel Day Lewis is a method actor...maybe he can pull a De niro and gain 100+ lbs, wax everything and stay in a cave for a few months...I would love to see that crazy sneer from a puggy face!

As for the film, I agree with both of you, this will be hard to pull off. I Cannot wait to see it though...

I wonder if they'll change the ending? It still haunts me to this day.

The dancing? or what is unseen in the outhouse?

Yeah, the merry dancing scene is surreal and haunting. But to me there is countless haunting scenes in the book...

And all of Cormac's books haunt me!

Daniel Day Lewis as The Butcher in gangs of New York made me think of the judge when i saw that movie. But i don't know about the weight thing that would be a lot to gain.

AH that explains why someone says "god almighty" when he looks in. He was shocked to see such friendliness in such a town. But that doesn't explain why he had no pants on......:whistling:....or does it.

Back