• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

book catalog software

Do you use Book Catalog Software?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Carlos

Who uses book catalog software?

Which one?

How do you rate it?

How much did / does it cost?

I ask because I have been looking for some software. I've got books all over the place, I have even bought books twice, plus I can't remember all my 'To Buy' books.

Even if you don't have any but know of some post away.

Cheers

I never got beyond an Excel database, not the most efficient and have since lost the data. At some point I'll have to start over, b/c I have rebought a few times.

I too used Excel - it works fine in my opinion and you dont have to buy exclusive software for it - having said that there was a list of programs you can download somewhere on this site to help catalog your books <goes off for a rummage round the site>

Okeydoke, well the Directory section is down for maintenance, but im fairly sure theres some in there - check when its back up :)

I have even bought books twice

I know that feeling :D

Phil

I use the book database from collectorz.com (which is featured in the directory and is also a banner ad on the site - keep refreshing :)), which cost something like €36.

To input books I just enter the ISBN and it performs a search to grab the details, and then you can add more personal details such as if you have read it, how you rate it, reviews and so on.

collectorz.com do offer a demo version of the software, which is fully functional but only holds 100 books, so why not download it and see what you think?

Mxx

Back