• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book discussion...not trivia!

PhilW

This site needs an extra forum - book trivia.

How should I arrange the books on my new bookshelf? What do you use as a bookmark? Do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks? Etc., etc.

WHO CARES? Or if you do care, as I say, stick it all in a separate forum. And now I'll go and out my flame-proof suit on...

We generally discuss things of this nature in the General Book Discussion forum.

I know...I can see the threads! My point was that a general BOOK discussion forum is, IMHO, no place for a discussion of bookmarks, or bookshelves, etc.

But I'm quite prepared to be 'flamed' for my opinion.

I know...I can see the threads! My point was that a general BOOK discussion forum is, IMHO, no place for a discussion of bookmarks, or bookshelves, etc.

But I'm quite prepared to be 'flamed' for my opinion.

I don't think that I was "flaming" you, nor do I think that other members will do so.

However, most threads discussing specific books, authors or genres take place within the "Bookshelves". Thus, leaving General Book Discussion to more general and unserious book related discussions. :)

I don't think that I was "flaming" you, nor do I think that other members will do so.

However, most threads discussing specific books, authors or genres take place within the "Bookshelves". Thus, leaving General Book Discussion to more general and unserious book related discussions. :)

Now I get it....although I have to say, it is not blindingly obvious (to me, at any rate!) that the 'Bookshelves' pages link to forums of their own. 'Forums' is shown below 'Bookshelves' as a section on its own, implying that 'Bookshelves' are not forums. But maybe I'm just being dim.

I wasn't suggesting that you were 'flaming' me by the way - but I know that on some boards criticism is not taken kindly by others, so I was prepared for some critical backlash!

Back