• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book of the Month Changes

Shade

I welcome the clarification of the Book of the Month rules in the new sticky that Stewart and mehastings have put together.

I don't know if you're taking suggestions, but... I think it would be worthwhile to consider having a rule that in any given month, each member may nominate only one book. And if you nominate one book, you can't second someone else's. (But you can still vote for it come the voting.) This would simplify the currently rather detailed (three-stage) process for deciding ties.

I quite agree with you. I had no idea that thread had gone live. Oh well, as it has, I can remove the threads to the fiction forum and leave the links to each one.

The issue with restricting members from nominating more than one book is that sometimes we end up with light months, and it allows for more options. We weren't very worried about the tie process when we came up with it simply because it almost never happens. I don't really feel strongly about the issue, but it has not really caused problems in the past and I hate to inflict any rules that aren't entirely necessary.

I quite agree with you. I had no idea that thread had gone live. Oh well, as it has, I can remove the threads to the fiction forum and leave the links to each one.

I haven't checked yet to see if you've done it yet. Most of them have already been moved though. I think I had a half dozen of them left to do. I found it involved quite a bit of cleanup, so it was a slightly slow going process.

Back