• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Recommendation

Leopold Bloom

I want to read a shorter book that won't be too taxing when I'm at school. Although, it can't be any of that crap that is spewing out nowadays.

Oh, I like, Ulysses, The Education of Henry Adams, and Critique of Pure Reason. I can't stand Fantasy, Science Fiction, or Thrillers.

Do you like WWII history check out Pegasus Bridge: June 6, 1944 by Stephen Ambrose, about Glider Borne troops on D-Day. I read that one overnight one time when I was in college.

I have. I saw it after I read the book and I am glad I did because some of the scenes I would not have believed actually happened. I remember watching the opening scene in the Battle of the Bulge episode and instantly feeling cold, even though it was the middle of summer for me.

It was a great miniseries.

I have the DVD box but haven't yet started watching. I caught the Bastogne episode by chance on TV recently, though. Very chilling, both in the literal and in the figurative sense of the word.

Also loved Bill Guarnere and Edward Heffron's memoir, very very vivid oral history.

Do you like historical fiction? Rise to Rebellion by Jeff Shaara is excellent. I have not read the sequel, but will get to it eventually.

I also enjoyed In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick. He's another author worth investigating. I see he has a book about Custer and the Little Big Horn, I may have to request that one from the library soon. I liked his book about the Mayflower too.

I have the DVD box but haven't yet started watching. I caught the Bastogne episode by chance on TV recently, though. Very chilling, both in the literal and in the figurative sense of the word.

Also loved Bill Guarnere and Edward Heffron's memoir, very very vivid oral history.

Start watching!

Just for the sake of brevity, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Can easily be finished in couple of hours.

Leo, if time is the only constraint, I suggest you to read short stories or rather collection of stories, wherein you can easily finish one at a time, and get satisfaction of reading a complete piece, instead of struggling with a massive novel.

Back