• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book that featured the Beatles' "Something"?

Nettle

Hello everyone.

I have a very clear memory of reading a book when I was in high school (in Australia) that was written in a series of different styles - each chapter a different form - script, diary, song, prose etc. I particularly remember that George Harrison's 'Something' was used as a 'soundtrack' through the book. This would have been around 1985.

It was about the relationship between a young man and a girl - and was written from his perspective. Initially it shows how badly the man is treated, but you slowly realise that the young man is actually the one that is destroying the relationship and that the girl is desperate to get away from him. (Or that's how I remember it)

For a long time I was sure this was written by William Corlett, but I've read the synopsis of all of his books I can find online and none of them match.

Does this ring bells with anyone?

TIA!

Back