• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book with loophole in time

retroville

I have a little dilemma, here. I've been trying to remember the name of this book for an incredibly long time, but I've had no luck. The only thing about the title that I can remember is that it has something to do with a chinese root. Gin seng? Gin sang? ____ seung? ____ sangue? I have no idea.

The story easily hit the top of my favorites list when I read it. The story began when a girl got robbed while on a taxi, or something like that. The taxi brought her into the middle of nowhere and then the guy who was driving mugged her and knocked her out. I think I remember that he punched her in the jaw, or something like that. When she woke up, it was abandoned all over and she had a pain in her chest and her eye. She walked and walked for hours. She then saw an oddly-shaped rock. She kept walking in the same direction, and then she saw that same rock oddly-shaped rock. After a long while she kept seeing the same exact scenery. It was then that she saw a person. After a while she began to realize she had somehow been transported into this little pocket in time. There was a village of people there, but other than that it was separate from... everywhere else. There were weird things about the village, like this one cabin only appeared at a certain time of day on a certain day of the week, and when it appeared the people of the village went there and partied or ate or hung out or something like that. One time the girl asked a couple of the people there where <insert her hometown here> was, but they said nothing else existed except for <insert odd village name here>.

I can't remember the ending anymore. It was a long time ago that I read it, so I'm not sure if all this is completely right. Anyone know what book this is? I'm totally at a loss here and I'd just like to read it again, because it was such a great book. I think it was a mystery.

Back