• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books and Places on Earth

hypermole

I often think about places I've never been too but of which I've read in the pages of a book (the rooftops of the houses in Praga in "The unbearable lightness of being") or, even better, places I've been to after reading so much about it (hello Instanbul, I'm talking to you..).

Lately I was curious about:

1. How much did I travel on Earth sitting in my reading armchair? Where have I been?
  2. Is there a way to plan a journey around the world by reading books ie. type a location and find a book (apart from googling "Books about..<insert place here>")

So.. Has anyone felt the first question too? Found the answer? What about the second question? :)

By the way.. First post.. hi! (..waves hand..)

I think I've been about everywhere through books… Got loads of place on my "bucket list" thanks to books as well!

16 years ago I read in a wonderful book of a place called the "Burren" in Ireland and decided right there that I have to go there one day… I moved to Ireland last year and found a house to rent... in the Burren!

Back