• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books for ESL 14 years old boy

Pax

Hey guys :D
Im an 14 years old ESL boy and I wanna find some good books to read..
They need to be not very hard to read and not barbie style books .. the only two conditions :p

They can be for children ( not for babies :lol: ) , but I would preffer something more for Young Adults or Adults..

Do you have any ideas ??
I already have Harry Potter Series in mind and I started reading The Life of Pi ( I stopped reading it cuz I found a old book in portuguese, English title :In Evil Hour by Gabriel Garcia Marquez , and I will return to The Life of Pi , after finishing it ). I've also been thinking on Jeronimo Stilton series, I loved it when I was a kid and I remember that they were written in Easy Portuguese , so maybe the english is also easy , what do you think ??

Thanks for the help :D

Try Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
It's about a rather grim future world.

Ender's Game is also awesome.

Thanks for the help I hope I get the chance to order some books from amazon.

I found an Enid Blyton book ... The Castle of Adventure , awesome and very easy to read. I recommend it :p

Some books I enjoyed reading:

- Anything by Anthony Horowitz
- "Holes" by Louis Sachar
- "The curious incident with the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon
- Anything by Roald Dahl

Dave's ESL cafe has been a great source for all things ESL for years. There are specific curriculums and ESL books that have "high interest reading" labels and the like. Essentially, any book can be a good ESl resource as long as you adequately pre-teach it using some basic principles.

This is probably a half-dead thread, but I wanted to mention the Jedi Apprentice series as easy to read, suitable for middle grade/ YA audience....seems like it would be likable to boys.

(YA guys seem to be a hard lot to find things for.)

Back